Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring Blessings

Lyla and I have been so enjoying the beautiful weather. As I write this, it is yucky and gross outside, but none the less all the other days we have taken advantage of the beautiful sunshine. We brave the pollen and soak up the rays. She loves going for walks in her stroller. If her mom would push her around outside all day long in her stroller she would be the happiest girl. Unfortunately, I am not that in shape, so we walk up to the park that is near our house, watch the big kids play on the playground, ride their bikes and kick the soccer ball. Lyla cannot figure out why I won't let her join in. Again, she doesn't realize that she is just shy of 5 months and is not physically able to join in. It will be too soon for me when she actually is and it is not soon enough for her.

She loves tummy time now and rolling from her tummy to her back. She has not mastered her back to her tummy. She is now learning to scoot herself around on her tummy (just in a circle, her legs aren't quite involved yet) to reach the toys she wants. She can be entertained with a toy for a few minutes, until she sees another one she wants and then moves on. It is fun watching her actually enjoy toys and really want to play with them. She loves having books read to her as well. EVERYTHING goes in her mouth these days. She is getting better with the hand to mouth coordination and anything she can bring to her mouth, goes in her mouth. She is making new sounds everyday and she finds certain ones make us laugh harder and tends to make those sounds the most. She loves sitting up and really wants to do it by herself. She really loves to stand up. She is blowing bubbles and eating food. To date she has tried yellow squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, bananas, and peaches along with rice cereal and oatmeal. She is not the biggest fan on the oatmeal. For a girl who loved fruit when she was inside of me, this girl LOVES the veggies. She actually prefers them to the fruits. Go figure.

She does not go anywhere without her Sophie giraffe and a burp cloth. She loves to hold on to both. The drool is out of control, but no teeth yet.

She grows and changes so much everyday. This, along with the passing of my Granddaddy makes me realize how precious each moment is. We are not promised tomorrow and so I am really learning to live in the moment. A lot of time that is so hard to do. I want my moments to have eternal value and I want my daughter to learn how important eternal value is. I want her to know the Love of her Savior. I do not want to take this time for granted, but I think so often I do. I am learning to not stress the small things and fill my time with the things that matter. I have so much to be thankful for and I think a lot of the time I find myself thinking about what I don't have. I want to fill my heart and mind with the blessings that I have been entrusted with and not dwell on the other things. I mean after all I have a lot to be thankful for!



Lyla with her Sophie.

No comments:

Post a Comment