Monday, April 9, 2012

17 Month Update

Well, it has been a month since I have written anything...kinda sad. I hate that I did not write more, but oh well. We have been enjoying life. Lyla is GREAT and I am more in love with her than ever. I L.O.V.E being her mommy and I love watching her grow into a little lady.

She is learning new things everyday and is so perceptive. I know every parent says their child is smart and Lyla is no different. She is SO smart.

Favorite Activities: Puzzles - she can complete all the puzzles we have on her own, guess we need to get more. Reading Books - she will pick them out and then come sit in my lap for me to read, or her most recent way to read them is to climb up in her rocking chair and read them by herself. Loves "Brown Bear Brown Bear" and Dr Seuss. GOING OUTSIDE!! - this is still her FAVORITE, the first thing she says in the morning after "hi!" is "go" and she points to her window to outside. We were given a wagon by a good friend and she is obsessed. She will play with it inside, climbing in and out through the door, and she loves to be pulled around outside in it. Organizing - whether it is lining toys up, putting toys in a basket, jar, or bag and taking them out, she could do that for hours. She is not a tv watcher, and for that I am glad, but there are little moments where it would be nice if it would keep her entertained, like when I take a shower. Over the last few weeks I have noticed that if I turn on Blue's Clues it is the one show that will keep her attention. Maybe it is the puppy?!

Favorite Food: JUICE and fruit. Yes, she will eat other things if she must, but if she had to choose, she would eat fruit and only fruit, with maybe some cheerios, gummy fruits, and peanut butter and jelly.

Sleep: Naps after lunch usually for about 1.5 hours sometimes more if she is really tired. Goes to bed between 7 and 8 and sleeps until around 8am. She still sleeps with her monkey blankie, her musical seahorse, and teddy bear she got at Christmas from her Uncle David. She CANNOT sleep without her blanket. Her blanket has little ribbon taggies around the edges and she slips her finger (usually her pointer or middle finger) through the light pink taggie. That is the only color she does it with.

New Words: She can say "hi", "yigh" (bye) which sounds like hi, she can tell me what a dog, cow, lion, and cat says when asked, she can blow kisses (puts her hand up to her mouth), she blows on hot food. She is really not a talker. She is vocal, but does not really talk much yet. She is definitely much more of a thinker at this point.

Personality: She is not shy at all and people comment on this all the time. I love this about her. I am the opposite, so she does not get this from me. She will go up to people all the time, and while she does not say anything, she wants them to notice her and talk to her. She will say "hi" and wave to them. She has no fear at this point. She will walk away from us and be ok doing her own thing.

Sweet Things: Anytime she wants me to go somewhere with her or I ask her to do something/go somewhere, she reaches up and wants to hold our hand. Although, she does not want to hold our hand in the parking lot....go figure. I guess when she has to, she does not want to. She will give us a kiss on the lips. She notices boo-boo's and wants us to kiss them. She LOVES when we chase her. She will run (she is just learning to "run" and it is too cute for words) and looks behind her to make sure we are following her and squeals with delight. I love it when she squeals with delight. Sometimes she just does it for the fun of it and it just melts my heart.

Loving the park. She especially loves the slide and swing. 






Snack time.

Love those pig tails.


So pretty.


Happy Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment