Friday, December 28, 2012

A New Year's Goal and Aunt Allison

So I have come to terms with the fact that I will always be behind in my blogging. Sometimes the fact that I am so behind, deters me from actually sitting down and getting it done. I am so good at following other people's blogs and they all seem so on top of it....blogging everyday. My tired brain can't do that most days after trying to keep up with a two year old all day. And I usually use nap-times as a time to get things done...or take a shower. But because I want to document these memories so badly, I have decided to enter this new year knowing that my blogging will remain behind and never be in "current time", but atleast I will have a new goal of blogging once a week on the same day each week. Not sure what day yet, maybe Monday or Friday? Maybe it will become routine enough that I will do it more often than that, who knows.  So there is my first New Year's Resolution. To attempt to blog weekly so I can document my sweet girl, who by the way is growing up entirely too fast. I was looking at pictures we took at Christmas this morning and my thought was "When did my baby girl turn into a big girl??!" I mean she looks so incredibly grown up and I swear it happened over night. While I love to experience all the fun new things with her, could it SLOW DOWN just a bit??

Towards the beginning of October, Lyla and I had the special treat of hanging out with Aunt Allison. Allison is my middle sister. Her husband Dan and her live down in town, in Ormond Park, three blocks from the Zoo. Talk about awesome location. I am secretly jealous of this. Their house is so stinking cute and exactly what you would picture when picturing a house in the city. Walk to the park, walk to the zoo, rocking chair porch, right in the heart of the city. 

Allison ended up with a free Saturday (rare for this girl who is always on the go) where Dan was working and Lyla and I were free. Adam was working as well, so we decided that we would take Allison to the Zoo with us and make it a girls day. Lyla had so much fun taking Aunt A-sin (as Lyla says) to the zoo and showing her all the fun things the zoo has to offer. Lyla is secretly jealous of where Allison lives as well  because she would live at the zoo even more than she does if we could walk there!

Of course Lyla had to treat Allison to a ride on the Carousel and Choo-Choo, because after all, those two things are the very reason we have a membership to the zoo ;)


Ready to ride.


Having fun riding the Giraffe with Aunt Allison

We love Allison!
It was such a pretty day and of course we brought our lunch and had a wonderful picnic. We are so thankful to have Allison and Dan a short drive away, where we can see them all the time. We are so blessed to have a great relationship with them. They love Lyla with all of their hearts and Lyla feels the same way (as do Adam and I!).



No comments:

Post a Comment