Wednesday, February 13, 2013

My Tiny Hinny

I don't normally take a whole lot of pictures of Lyla in the bathtub, but the other night I was watching her splish and splash all around in the tub and boy is she CUTE. 

I mean how much longer will I get to squish that cute booty and scrub her up in that sweet smelling baby shampoo and wrap her in a warm towel when she is all clean??!

I love this little baby (who is really not a baby) and I love her bath-time. Sometimes she just likes to play around and pretend on her own with her tub toys. Sometimes she likes to go over her foam numbers and letters and talk about the people and things that start with certain letters. Like "P" for Pawpaw. "A" for Allison. "S" for Sarah (Da). "E" for Ellie. "F" for fish. "L" for Lyla (Ta). "T" for Tripp. Those are a few of her favorites. Sometimes she likes for me to pull the string on her froggie so she can watch him swim around. Sometimes she likes to lay on her belly and "swim" in the water. And sometimes she likes to get wild and crazy and splash the water all over and try and get momma wet and then hide behind the shower curtain. 

She likes to help soap herself up, especially her feet. 

It takes a long time for her to get out of the tub. It always has. She loves her bath. Normally we have to drag her out. Once she is out, "brrrrrr, momma"!!! It is cold and we must wrap her up like a little baby and snuggle so she gets nice and warm. I smell her clean hair and kiss the bridge of her nose and think, oh if she could only stay this age forever!! And yes, I have said that with every bath since day one! Good thing she keeps getting better with age (even though it is hard to imagine she could get any better!!)

And then she is off and running again and I can barely get her diaper and jammies on her. But before I do, I sneak in a few pinches on that booty and tell her that she has the cutest bottom in the world and she knows it!! That silly girl!
















Bath time memories I will never forget!

1 comment: