Thursday, October 10, 2013

Train Ride

Sarah had the day off on Saturday. It ended up being a lazy day. She worked on Sunday and again just another lazy day for Lyla and I. She ended up taking a long afternoon nap, so we missed church that evening.

These two love each other so much! I love seeing them together, especially when they are so silly!


After Sarah got off work on Sunday, we ran over to DSW so Sarah could look at some shoes. Lyla, classic girly girl, found some things she liked as well ;)



A random selfie from Lyla.
On Monday May 20th, our second week in Texas, we FINALLY got to ride the train!!

I L.O.V.E the pure JOY captured here.
To say that Lyla was excited would be a huge understatement!! She had talked about this train everyday since she found out about it, so she was ecstatic to get to finally ride it!


Waiting for the train!! 


The train did not cost much to ride, I think it was around $8-$9 for both Lyla and I to ride. It started running at 10am, and ran every 45 min- 1 hr, so I wanted to make sure we got there in time to catch the first train so we would not have to wait. We got there a few minutes before 10 and there were already some people waiting.




She picked out were she wanted to sit on the train. And she could not wait for it to start going. She kept saying "all 'board!!!" and "choo-choo!!".



My sweet, happy girl. I love that she is so easily happy with the little things....which really are the big things!


It is such a cute train!

A couple of selfies while we waited for the train ride to start.


                                             
I was so impressed with the train ride. It was not a short ride, nor did the train go in just a little circle. It was a legit train ride and so GREAT! The weather was perfect and the scenery was beautiful.


We rode along the river and we were able to spot some turtles. 



The city of Fort Worth is gorgeous, I think. We crossed the river and headed in to Trinity Park.


There are walking trails and bike paths throughout the park. It seems like tons of people use it too!


It is so gorgeous here!


Tons of trees make it nice and shady. Here is a picture of the playground we played on the first day we were in Fort Worth.




We went under another train track. I assume it is a working train track, because we always heard train whistles during our visit.


Here is a little video I took while on the train. I love how she thinks I am taking her picture at first!




Checking things out.


Love this girl!


She thought I needed some pictures taken of me as well, so here are the pictures Lyla took.



So much fun with my sweet girl!


We went all the way through the park, which is huge. I had no idea it went as far back as it did. We came back around to the front of the park and stopped at the train station by the playground. If you want to get off and play for awhile and eat lunch, you can and then pick up the train when it comes back. Pretty neat, I thought!


I had to get a picture of us in front of the train.


For some reason she did not want to smile, but she had so much fun....I promise! Maybe she was upset we had to get off. The entire train ride took about 30-45 minutes, which really impressed me. Totally worth it and Lyla loved it! Definitely a highlight of the trip for her.


I have had the worst time uploading videos to the blog, hence why I have continued to fall so far behind in my blogging. I am ready to be done with writing about our Texas trip and move on to the rest of the summer and fall....considering it is now the end of OCTOBER. So get ready, I am about to knock these out!











No comments:

Post a Comment