Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Rehearsal Dinner - Texas Style!

My dad flew in this afternoon and picked up my Uncle Fred on his was to McKinney. Dan ended up not being able to come because of work, so Allison was solo this weekend.

Everyone kept telling us that the rehearsal dinner was at La Hacienda Ranch, like we should know what that is. I guess if you live in Texas you do, but I kept imagining it was going to be outside on a ranch with BBQ, since I was too embarrassed to ask...I mean everyone knew what they were talking about. Finally the night before, I asked, knowing I was going to sound stupid, but I had to know if we were going to be outside. They laughed and told me it was a restaurant and it was Mexican style food. It was the perfect place for their rehearsal dinner. Totally Texas. We had our own room which was nice and it was buffet style. The food was super yummy, make your own fajitas. Chips and salsa on the table. What more could I want?



This girl can pack away some chips....Lyla, I mean.






They did this cute thing where they had us write down a character and a question for the couple each category on a different index card. Then, since Emily and Bryant are wanting to make it in the acting industry, they had them pick one index card from each jar and they had to answer the question as the character and act it out. It was really funny to watch!! 




Some cousin pictures.




The love of my life. So happy to not be states apart anymore.




Sisters.



And mom.


And dad.


Nana with three of her kids, Fred, my mom and Pauline. Her other daughter could not make it.


The bride and Sarah.


Loving life.


Nana and her grandchildren, somehow missing William....guess he didn't get the memo.




After dinner, we made a stop at Walmart on our way back to the hotel to get some snacks :)


We got back to the hotel, put Lyla to bed and came back down to the lobby area to hang out. They were playing Emily and Bryant's slideshow for the wedding and it was beautiful. After that was over, the bridesmaids had to go upstairs and get some thing done, as well as pray over Emily before the big day, so we stayed in the lobby and hung out for a bit longer before heading to bed for THE BIG DAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment