Tuesday, December 16, 2014

March 2014

March 3rd. 26weeks. I actually managed to get a picture on my roll-over day!




Lyla had Letterland dress up day at school. Each letter has a character that they learn about to help them remember that specific letter. Sometimes Lyla can remember the letter of the week, and sometimes she can't. Ms Cathy sent home a sheet with all the characters on it and the kids got to choose which character they wanted to come dressed as. 

She chose Golden Girl, the letter "G". That made it super easy! We used her Belle dress since it was gold and we made a "G" to go on her crown. So simple and I did not spend a penny which makes it even more awesome!!


My little golden girl!




Lyla has become attached at the hip with Kate, a sweet little girl from her class. They are seriously two peas in a pod. It is so fun watching her make friends apart from me. According to Ms Cathy, they are quite the dominate little girls in their class. I remind Lyla about being a good servant-leader and to be sweet and obey. I do not feel like she needs to necessarily be friends with every single person, of course she is not going to click with all personalities. It is so interesting to me that already at this young age, that they do have preferences on who they want to play with. I have to be reminded that just because I may click with the mom, does not mean Lyla has to be friends with their children...although it is super nice when that happens! But I do want her to remember to be kind and to treat others the way she wants to be treated. 


Play date at the park with Kate! I love seeing their imaginations grow while playing together. This day they loved pretending that one of them was the momma lion and the other one was the baby lion. They each took turns being each. The momma lion would put the baby lion to sleep.


I will ask Lyla who she played with each day at school and the answer is always the same "I played with Kate and no on else". Although sometimes she does say she plays with Cooper as well. I ask what they play and the answer is always the same "We played momma and baby. I was the momma and Kate was the baby".



Over the week of her school's Spring Break, we headed to the zoo with Tripp, Ollie and Molly. It was a fun treat to get together with them. Now a days with everyone being in school and having different schedules it is so hard to find a day for us all to get together.


I love watching these four grow up together. The boys are such boys and love playing together and the girls are so girly and love playing together. They all balance each other out!


Had to take a train ride (I mean that is the reason we go to the zoo, right?!) and they had to ride on the caboose. 




So we had a scary incident on March 19th. We met some friends at the park in Dunwoody for a play date after nap time. Lyla had been on the swings and one of the other moms noticed her lying on the ground in kind of a superman position, facedown. I ran over and picked her up and noticed that she was unresponsive and stiff. Her head just kind of flopped back and I could see her eyes roll back. She started having some sort of spasm, so I dropped to the ground with her, just in case she was having a seizure, and rubbed her really hard to get a response and she gasped. I am sure it was only a few seconds, but seemed like forever to me. One of the moms was asking if she should call 911 but I felt her pulse and it was strong, and her color started coming back. She was pale/white for a good long while, so I called the CHOA nurse's line to see what they thought. They said to bring her in, so we headed over there. I called Adam on my way to meet us. I must say I was SUPER impressed with their Emergency Room. From checking in until discharge. They were amazing!! I was still undecided that we should actually be there as we were walking in, considering that she was crying that we had to leave the park. We ran in to a nurse friend of mine who is now a NP at CHOA right when we walked in and I told her the story and asked her opinion, as I felt like she could tell me if I was over-reacting. She said she would get her checked out, so we stayed. We were moved through really quickly and saw the doctor right away. Again, so impressed! He made me feel so good about being there. He relieved all of my anxiety and I knew I would be able to sleep so much better that night because we had gone. They checked her blood sugar and also did an EKG on her to check her heart. Apparently with some heart conditions, this is the first sign in children. He thinks that she just got the wind knocked out of her when she fell, but since no one actually saw what happened to her, he wanted to be on the safe side. He said even if she had had a seizure, they actually do not do any testing for the first one, they wait until the child has another one. Apparently when you get the wind knocked out of you and you come to, you can have seizure-like activity. She got the clean bill of health and we were free to go!

I talked to my mom and apparently a similar situation happened like this to my youngest sister when she was about Lyla's age and they checked her out the same way as well, thinking that it might be her heart. So crazy!! I am so thankful she is ok and it just reminds me of how quickly things can change and to be thankful in the moment for a healthy child!

28weeks 4 days. And yes I pretty much wear the same outfit everyday! I hate spending money on clothes I know I do not get to wear very long. But of course you want to still try to feel a little cute...




We love how the weather is starting to warm up a bit so that we can enjoy being outside. Lyla's favorites and literally she asks everyday "Momma, can we go to the big park and the yittle park?" The park near our house has two sections, a big kid playground and a little kid playground...hence the Big Park and Little Park.


29weeks 2 days.




I love finding random pictures of sweet little feet on my phone!


Girl loves to dress her self! She picked out her outfit and got dressed all by herself for school this day. I had to snap a picture and send it to Aunt Sarah because she is dressed in head to toe Gap.


Such a sweet sweet girl! She is growing up too fast for sure!!


On Saturday March 29th Lyla and Adam went to their first Daddy Daughter Dance!!


Chick Fil A hosts a My Princess Daddy Daughter Dance once a year. I could not wait until Lyla was old enough to do this with Adam! It was seriously the cutest, most sweet thing ever!!


They got to get all dressed up (and she wanted him to match her) and then headed down to the zoo where the event was being held.


It was a FROZEN theme....of course, but there were several other princesses there as well. This night is all about the dads connecting with their daughters, for them to understand what an impact they have on their little hearts.


My Princess Dance is put on by Boosterthon and Adam said they did an amazing job. It is every little girl's dream, being taken to the ball by their hero, their Daddy. This dance is as much about the dads as the daughters. It is a night where these busy dads can STOP and focus on their daughters. It is truly heart melting.


I was a little concerned about the $100 price tag, especially since dinner was not being served. But Adam, who is super frugal, said it was worth. every. penny.  And that they would be going back next year for sure. 


There were princesses to greet them at the entrance to the zoo and the ball was held in the pavilion towards the back.


There was lots of sweet treats and Lyla said her favorite was the pink cupcakes. The girls got several special treats. Adam said he could not get this girl off the dance floor. She literally danced the night away. I am not the biggest dancer, so I am so glad that she enjoys doing this with him.


Of course Anna and Elsa were there which truly was the highlight of the evening for my Disney obsessed princess. The princesses were on the dance floor dancing right with them and Lyla loved talking about this! Adam said they played "Let it Go" and the entire room of girls sang every word to it. She loved getting to dance with Elsa!


I am so thankful to have a husband who is such an involved daddy. My kids are so blessed by him.


I love watching his special relationship with her and love when they get special time just the two of them.


I know these are the memories she will treasure forever. I am so thankful that she has a daddy who loves her to the moon and back and would do anything for her!


I know it is SO important for a little girl to have a dad who is a great role model and she has a truly AMAZING one!!





















No comments:

Post a Comment