Sunday, February 1, 2015

Going Home!

Sunday was just the three of us, which was SO nice. I love having visitors, don't get me wrong, but there is just something so nice about it being just Logan, Adam and I. Adam went and got us breakfast and I was able to get ready for the day.


Our night shift nurse had gone through ALL of the discharge instructions with us and given us everything so that we would not have to worry about it in the morning. What an awesome nurse to get to follow!!! There are not many like that and it was SO nice of her to get all of that done for our dayshift nurse. Other patients probably would have thought nothing of that, but having worked in a hospital, when the nurse before you gets everything done, well that is like a breath of fresh air starting your shift!

The audiologist came and did Logan's hearing screen, which he passed no problem.


Lactation also came in for an appointment. Surprisingly, I never saw them with Lyla. Only one of my nurse friends who was a lactation consultant at the time stopped by just to check on us, which was nice. This time however, since I had had a breast biopsy back in 2012, they wanted to see me to make sure everything was going well. Logan was in the nursery when they came, so they actually did not even do a full consult. I told them everything was going well and she just gave me some helpful tips and reminders. 


We got all of our stuff packed up and Adam took everything out to the car. He brought in the car seat and we were ready to go!


Unfortunately, we were still waiting on the pediatrician to see Logan and write his discharge order. My midwife had already discharged me. It was just such a different experience from last time because literally Dr Knox would come by at 5am to see his babies...and come in your room and WAKE you up to give you an update. I love Dr Knox, but it is just funny getting woken up by him. And he is SOOOO loud. He just has a loud booming voice. Dr Pip on the other hand took his time. I understand it was the weekend and everyone wants to sleep in, so it was mid morning, close to lunch, by the time he came by. He was so super great too. I really liked him and would totally see him if we were not able to get in with Dr Knox at some point. I love that about our office though. I have only ever seen Dr Knox (minus the 1st newborn visit where you have to see the NP). 


Dr Pip came in and said he looked great and could go home! Yay!


He had already passed his pulse ox test as well in the newborn nursery. 


Our sweet boy was ready to go home!! I still cannot get over all his hair and how DARK it is!



So happy to bring this little one home. 



So thankful he is healthy, eating well and here!! We have waited so long to meet him and now we feel like he has never not been a part of our family.


Looks so tiny in his car seat!!


We left at lunchtime and picked up lunch at Jersey Mike's on our way home. Ummmm it took Adam over 30 minutes to get our food!!!! I could not believe how long it took him!! I guess their credit card machine broke or something and they were having to do everything by hand. I was SO ready to get home. Logan just slept the whole time. Oh the life of a baby!

When we got home, our sweet neighbors had decorated our driveway. I wish I had thought to take a picture of it. They also put a baby boy sign in our yard. It was SO sweet and SO thoughtful. We love our neighbors. Lyla and Honey had made a sign for the back door welcoming us home also. So sweet. She was so excited for Logan to finally be home! Of course the first thing she asked to do was hold her baby brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment