Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Love at First Sight

Well, it has finally happened. After waiting patiently for nine long months, watching her Aunt Kara's belly grow, kissing her baby Dalton from the outside and patting Aunt Kara's tummy to let her little cousin know she was eagerly waiting his arrival.....the two finally meet!! Yes she saw video and pictures of him leading up to today and constantly wanted to look at her baby Dalton's picture and watch his video over and over and over again....but today was THE day!! And boy is she in love. She was so enamored with him. I am sure as she is sound asleep in her crib, she is dreaming about all the fun they will have together and all the things she will teach him. I cannot wait to watch these two get to know each other and grow up with each other!!

First looks....Dalton is not impressed yet....

He has a monkey on his shirt Aunt Kara.

He has soft hair. 

What do you think about him Aunt Kara?

This is how you give baby Dalton kisses, Lyla.

Oh Aunt Kara, you are so sweet to him and give him kisses just like you give me!!

Getting to hold him for the first time. Melted my heart.

I think I like him!

Can I keep him?

Look, there is his mouth!

I love touching his soft head.

I LOVE Jonathan's face here. Think he is in love with that little man and is excited to have everyone home?

Dalton showing off his bottle taking skills. I think he just took more out of his bottle here than Lyla did in her whole lifetime. 

Sweet boy!

Kisses bye-bye. See you soon cousin.
So, Lyla is in love, but so is her mommy! I love this sweet little baby so much and it felt so great to snuggle with such a tiny newborn! It is so easy to forget how little they start off and QUICKLY grow up. I am so excited to get to know him and watch Kara and Jonathan come into their own of being great parents! They are doing such a wonderful job and Dalton is one lucky baby. We love you baby Dalton and are so excited you are home safe and sound sleeping in your own bed....

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!!!! I can't believe he is home! How very exciting for them. God is good! Here's to many memories...

    ReplyDelete