Sunday, October 14, 2012

Aunt Sarah

Aunt Sarah was home for Fall Break this last weekend (Oct 4th - Oct 10th). It also happened to be my birthday weekend, so it was perfect to have her home! We always love to have her home, but I think I especially love it. I love spending time with her and watching how she is growing into this amazing woman. I love watching her with Lyla. I am so glad that Lyla can know her aunts so well. We are lucky to have Allison here. We certainly wish the other two could be close to us as well. Maybe Sarah will be coming back this way after she graduates in May??
The weather was perfect and Fallish and Sarah actually got to enjoy wearing her Fall clothes, since it is still quite warm in Texas. Lyla and I took Sarah to the Zoo on Friday and we had a fun day just enjoying walking around and enjoying the weather. Lyla loved showing Sarah around "her zoo".


Aunt Sarah and Lyla 
Could not get her to put her drink down for the picture.
My little Lion.
The animals were out and certainly enjoying the beautiful weather as well. I have never seen them more active or get closer to us than they did this day!!

This Gorilla was literally staring Lyla in the eyes! Then he stood up and knocked on the glass. It was amazing and kind of scary! Easy to forget that these are wild animals.
Watching the otters play.
The Orangutans 
I will probably get this look a lot over the years.
The Tigers

Lyla watching the Tiger.
Being silly at lunch with Aunt Sarah.

Such a goof-ball!


She doesn't know she is cute at all....
Funny face with Sarah
Cool Girl
Riding the Carousel with Sarah.

Waving to momma.
Blowing kisses to momma.
Love this one.
"choo-choo" ride
So sweet.
Lyla loves her Aunt Sarah. I am so thankful that Lyla has her to look up to. I am thankful that Sarah loves Lyla and wants to invest and be a part of Lyla's life. It is never enough time with Sarah when she comes home. We miss her and wish we could see her more often. But we are SO EXTREMELY proud of her and who God is making her. We love the Kingdom impact she is making and we love seeing how she is continually growing. We are blessed to know her and have her with us. Thank you Lord for allowing us the special time with Sarah. I could not imagine this part of my life, or my daughter's life, without her. Thank you for sparing her life! She is such a reflection of Your love and grace. We don't mind her discount at Gap either :) 
We cannot wait to see what God has in store for her this next year and see where she ends up. Hopefully close to us!! We have a room for you Sarah! We LOVE you! 
More of Sarah's weekend to come....The Pumpkin Patch!

No comments:

Post a Comment