Thursday, June 20, 2013

Easter 2013

This year for Easter we were so excited that we got to host in our new house! It is so fun to finally be able to have the space to have everyone over and not be on top of each other. 

We really want to get to know the people in our neighborhood and have special community with them. I did not grow up on a street with kids and while I did not suffer, I am SO excited that Lyla will have that growing up. We have neighbors across the street that have three kids and Lyla LOVES them (as do we!). They are he sweetest family and have welcomed us so well. I know that they do not have family in Georgia, so I thought it would be so fun to celebrate Easter with them. I was so exited for Lyla to have other kids to Easter Egg Hunt with.

Sarah was able to come home as well, which is ALWAYS super exciting. My parents, grandmother and my Unlce Fred also joined us. Allison and Dan were supposed to join as well, but they got caught up on their side of town. We missed them! 

We decided to do an early lunch and egg hunt before nap time hit and also the weather was really yucky. We were hoping to even get an egg hunt in with all the rain. 

Since we were doing lunch so early, we decided to go to Saturday night service. I love being lead back to the cross and really thinking about what the Lord did for us. I cannot imagine giving my only daughter for a world that constantly sins against me but He loved us that much!! I am guilty of the fact that I love the Christmas season so much more, but really Easter is the reason that I have the hope that I will go to Heaven. In my walk this Spring/Summer (which I am sure I will blog more about) I am really learning to continually be at the foot of the Cross. I desire the gospel to be present in my life, even though I fail miserably all. the. time. I am so thankful for Grace and the fact that Christ died for me anyway. I am thankful that He is the one standing in my place. My prayer is that Lyla would continually see the gospel and that her heart would love the one who created her more than anything!

The rain held off Easter morning and we were able to get our egg hunt in. It was so fun being able to do it with Reed, Rosie and Vi. Lyla loves being around them so much and I hope over the years they will form a really tight bond.
The Thursby Family. Our across the street neighbors. So thankful for them!
Getting ready for the hunt.
Rosie and Lyla. All smiles!
Time to find the eggs!!
Lyla was much better prepared this time since we had already had our  Dunwoody Easter Egg Hunt.


Of course Rosie knew what she was doing!
Checking out her basket.
What's in there?
Are there any more??
Yes there are!
Reed, the master egg hunter. And he is so great to put up with all these girls!


Found another one!
Vi did not do much hunting, she was more of the supervisor.
Sweet Rosie.
My mom, Sarah and my dad.
Three older kids.
All of the kids.
My sweet Easter bunny.

So cute.
Enough pictures!!
My sweet little family.
The family.
With Uncle Fred.
Time to eat!! Always have to have a "kid" table.
After all the excitement from the day, we found Reed fast asleep on the floor, in Lyla's tent.  He wore himself out. 
We also found out that the Thursby's monitor reaches to our house, so they were able to put Vi down for her nap at their house and the fun was able to continue! And don't worry, we are keeping that in mind for future get togethers as well :)

I know a lot of people do the Easter basket filled with lots of things on Easter morning. We were out of town last year visiting Sarah in Fort Worth, so Lyla did not get one then and I did not do one this year either. I am still not sure how I feel about them. She did get one for her first Easter, so its not like I have never done one. I just am not sure I want that to be the focus on Easter. Yes the egg hunt is fun and that gives her something to put in her Easter basket, but I do not know. I want her to have fun, enjoy the holidays and look forward to them. I just for some reason feel like Easter is such a sacred holiday. I want her to be excited about it because it is the reason she has eternal life. But don't get me wrong, I also want her to enjoy these parts of childhood too.  I will have to see how I feel about it next year. The girl is definitely not going without for sure. I mean both grandmothers gave her special Easter treats. So for now that is good with me. 

It was such a great Easter weekend spent with family and friends and thinking about what the Lord has done for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment