Monday, October 10, 2011

Fall


I LOVE Fall. I love everything about it, the cooler temperature, the cute clothes, the breath-taking colors of the leaves, the smells, the food....everything! And it means we are well on our way to Christmas! Christmas, of course is my ABSOLUTE favorite, but I don't want to rush through the Fall season. Especially now that we have Lyla, I want to enjoy every moment of her experiencing all that each new season brings. I feel so blessed that we live in a place that actually has seasons. A lot of people have never experienced each unique season and what each one has to offer, and we can! That is one thing I will never get tired of or take for granted living here. Just as I am getting bored with the current season and can't find anything in my closet to wear, the next new season sweeps in with its cool breezes, vibrant colors, changing trees, and just lifts my spirit.

This is Lyla's first Fall (her last FIRST season) and boy are we enjoying it! She has a new Fall clothes and we have been practically living outside. This past weekend in the spirit of welcoming Fall, we drove up to Burt's Pumpkin Patch. Something everyone should experience. The colors of each pumpkin are gorgeous, the smells are amazing, and the sounds warm my heart. We went as a family with Aunt Allison and Aunt Sarah as well. Yes, Sarah is in town for Fall break and we have enjoyed soaking up every minute with her. Lyla loves her Aunt Sarah and was so excited to see her! We will be sad to see her go because we won't get to see her again until Christmas (just another reason to be excited about the Christmas Season!). I got a new lens for my camera for my birthday from Adam and this was our first time playing around with it. I am so excited about it!
The Girls.

Taking in all the sights and sounds.

Mom, why are you making me sit with all these pumpkins?

Loves her dad.

Love my family.


Not sure about the pumpkins.




Allison picked out her pumpkin, which she is going to turn into pumpkin pie.

Beautiful girls.

Dancing with Aunt Sarah. You can see her three teeth.


Big pumpkins.


I could not get her to put down that snack container. The pictures might have turned out cuter had she wanted to hold a pumpkin instead. Oh well....real life :) What can I say? She loves her food.



Happy Fall!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Katherine! Looks like you had fun. We have professional pictures of Anna holding a snack cup, so no worries, such is life! Love keeping up with your little cutie.

    ReplyDelete