Friday, August 2, 2013

My Two and a Half Year Crazy Girl!

Right around the New Year, as she approached two and a half, Lyla really started talking more and her vocabulary as just grown by leaps and bounds. She is saying something new and funny everyday. I love watching this part of her develop.
Recents:

"Dee-dee" Blankie

Always says "peas" please

"Almost" --whenever asked anything about being done, ready to go...etc.

"Da-du" Thank You

 "Hurdy, Hurdy" Hurry, hurry

Says "yes" very matter of fact

"oh hey" ok

"moorning" "moorning Ellie" every morning when I come in your room (Ellie is our cat and normally she comes into Lyla's room as well to say good morning)

"no, I dude it!" (loosely translated that you can do all things, except when you want me to do it, or you just simply don't want to do it, then it is "don't know how momma."

You call your thumbs and big toes "boys". I have to idea where you got this, but it is HILARIOUS! I cracks me up every. single. time. 

You are very into discussing if someone is a boy or a "dirl" (girl). You are getting very good at it! Sometimes though, short hair on girls throws you off. 

I know I am so quick to write your firsts, but am scared I am going to miss your lasts!! For now, you still loved to be carried EVERYWHERE!! Especially when we are at home, you want me to carry you. "Up, momma, up!" Or at the zoo, you want me to carry you around the entire time!!

The end of this winter and beginning of spring time, we have seen some crazy Atlanta weather. Which has meant a lot of stay at home time. You have gotten pretty crazy with being cooped up girl! You continually make me laugh and keep me on my toes with your ever growing imagination. I love catching glimpses of our your sweet little brain works and thinks. You are so incredibly smart.


A favorite a yours currently is getting out all my socks and putting them all on and dancing around the room. In your panties. You yell, "cheeeeeese!!!" so that I will take your picture and you can look at it.


What a cute little bottom!

My sweet, full of energy girl, who is growing up way too fast.



Showing off her gymnastics skills.

Taking all the socks off.

Future pro-gymnast.


Running like crazy!

This girl also loves to read! Which is awesome! She is constantly bringing me books asking me to read them to her. A new favorite activity we have is going to the local library on Thursdays for story time and then picking out several books to bring home with us. Lyla loves this! She loves picking out the books and then reading them every day that we have them.











Another favorite activity is wearing mommy's shoes. Today's selection: boots.




And yes, in case you were wondering, pants are optional in our house. Lyla loves just wearing her panties, which is fine with me cause she looks just so darn cute. How long can you really get away with no pants??




Or daddy's boots....





This girl hardly ever stops!


Loves shutting and locking doors. Thankfully you are so smart that you know both how to lock and unlock and have never locked yourself in somewhere you can't get out.



You still love to eat! You have your standards that you love though. Fruit still being the main one. You love cheese, Peach Yogurt (but will eat any other kind as well), peanuts and chips, pancakes, waffles, eggs and bacon, popcorn, you love your fruit pouches (that have your hidden veggies in them!), noodles with cheese, salad, turkey and cheese sandwiches, and anything that mommy and daddy are eating you must eat as well. You still do not like pizza or red sauce really.







You LOVE to talk about Jesus, which melts my heart. You know that God made you and that Jesus loves you more than anyone. This is the most important sweet girl! You know that you can "pay" pray and ask God to help you if you cannot do something on your own (like share or be nice) or if you are scared. You LOVE going to church. You are obsessed with it. You get so excited to go and can't wait to see all your "friends". The teachers love you and say you are such a sweet girl in class. You love snack time and when they read to you. You always do a great job of telling them when you need to go potty too. You never have an accident and sometimes they tell us you went more than once on the potty! I think you like that they have the "baby-sized potties.



You love to pray. You like for mommy and daddy to pray at bedtime, but then you like to talk to Jesus too. I cannot get enough of this. You love praying for friends and family. Especially right now you love to pray for "Jofin and Sarda" Jonathan and Sarah. That is always your number one. 

You also L.O.V.E to draw out bedtime as long.as.possible!! One more book, one more person to pray for, one more back rub, hold my hand, "where we goin morrow momma?",  "close your eyes momma", one more kiss! I always indulge in one more kiss. I cannot help it! You still sleep with your monkey blanket (and have added three more must have blankies), your sea horse, and about 15 stuffed animals and baby dolls. I am not sure how everyone fits, good thing daddy is building you a new bed!




You are so full of personality and always keep me laughing. 




Yes, you love to wear your birthday shirt (you like to pick out your own clothes and tell mommy how to do your hair). Even though it is no where near your birthday. We have recently been to lots of birthday parties, so you love to sing the "Happy Birthday Song" to others as well as yourself. You also love telling other people that you will be "THREE" (while holding up three fingers) on your next birthday.


You love to color, paint, play with play-doh, use your chalk board, and use stickers. You like it even better when mommy or daddy will color for you....

You love getting stickers at the check out at Kroger and Target. You are always confused when we go to a store that does not have stickers. You always start by putting the stickers on your shirt and then by the time we get to the car, you put them on mommy's shirt to wear for the rest of the day.



You love to sing and dance. You can always be caught singing a song, asking for your songs in the car, or humming. You love to dance when you hear music and you frequently stop and ask to have a round of "posy" Ring Around the Rosy". 


You love playing with the neighbors across the street, especially Rosie. You love going to the "tay-town" playground and swinging in the swing. You are still my outside girl!



You love to know what everyone is doing, especially daddy. "Momma, daddy home?"


You have such a sweet gentle spirit who wants to please, yet a stubborn girl who knows what she wants. You learn quickly and get frustrated easily if you can't do it perfectly the first time. But we are working on this and learning that Christ made you perfectly the way you are and it's ok if you have to practice a little to get it right.




You love Cinderella, my princess. This is a new obsession. You are not in to the other princesses just yet. Only "Tah" Cinderella. You love dressing up like her and watching her movie. You still like Little Einstein's, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and Dora. We have moved out of the Barney phase I do believe.


Will you be a righty?


Or a lefty?? The verdict is still out. You use both hands equally right now whether coloring or eating. We will see!



We are still working on sharing. It is so hard to understand at this age! It is easier for you to share when you are not in your own environment. But when we are at home with friends it is a little harder to remember. I think you think they will go home with your toys, but when you are reminded that they are just borrowing it for a little while and will leave it here, you seem to share a little better.



You are just so sweet and cute and snuggly and I love kissing those sweet cheeks! I cannot get enough of you my Lyla girl. I cannot believe you are closer to THREE and becoming less of that little baby. I am loving everything you are right now. You are such a fun, fun, fun girl and I cannot imagine my life without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment