Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Playhouse

The weekend before we left for our Texas adventure, Honey and Pawpaw stopped by for a visit. We love having them come and be here with us, especially Lyla. This weekend, they had a super "prise" (surprise) for Lyla.

Honey and Pawpaw love us so well. While we wish they weren't so far away, it is always nice when we are together. Luckily, our visits do not go with too much time in between. 

When Steve found out that we were having a girl, of course he started planning all the fun things he wanted to build for her. This surprise has been at the top of the list and we have all been waiting until Lyla was at an age where she could really enjoy it.

When they came for this visit, they brought Lyla what every little girl must have....a PLAYHOUSE!!!

Instead of building it from "scratch" (I use that term loosely, because it did have to be built and it was an all day job), they decided to buy a playhouse from Costco, I think it was. It literally took him all day Friday to build it and even Honey had to help out a lot too. It was intense with lots of pieces. I am so glad they came down Thursday and put it together on Friday, cause shocker, it rained the rest of the weekend!!

Lyla loves her new playhouse. It is so much fun to play in and we love having it right outside the door. It is in the perfect little spot in the corner of the yard, where I have a perfect view of it when I am in the kitchen.

Lyla the supervisor.
Making some important phone calls about the job site.
Two heads are better than one :)
Making sure things are done correctly.


"Oh hey momma!"






Finished product!! And we have since taken that bird feeder down. The previous owner L.O.V.E.D birds. And yes, there were more than a couple bird feeders/houses/baths, that we had to get rid of.
We absolutely love Lyla's new playhouse! It turned out so cute and she loves to play in it.

On Saturday, I got to enjoy an hour massage and an hour facial that Lyla gave to me LAST mother's day. I guess this was my last "relaxing self moment" before heading on a 13 hour car trip to Texas!!

Like I said, it was a RAINY weekend, but then again that has been Atlanta this entire summer.
Cute baby in her rain jacket and rain boots, ready to brave the storm.

Now to get packed and ready for our THREE week adventure in Texas!! I am so excited to be going and spending time with Sarah and other family members and friends. I am a little nervous about being gone for three weeks, but I think it will be so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment