Tuesday, February 25, 2014

August 2013

So August looked very similar to our July. Our next trip was not until the end of the month, but the anticipation of it was building <DISNEY>!!!

August was filled with the Zoo, friends, a few visits from people we love, a first Stone Mountain experience, Chick-fil-A corporate, and lounging by the pool.









A fun day at the zoo with Molly and Tripp. I love how these sweet babies are growing up together!




Ummm....melt my heart!



It is fun seeing their own unique personalities come out as they get older. They are too funny together.






















We had a quick visit from Uncle David (Adam's brother). It was so nice to have him. It was the first time he was able to come and stay at our new house. We love having him around! He drove up on Thursday and Lyla and I spent the day with him on Friday. We took him to Northpoint Mall for lunch and he took Lyla for a ride on the carousel. 




Friday night, we went over to Stone Mountain for the laser show. We packed a picnic dinner and had fun enjoying the beautiful night. This was Lyla's first experience at the Laser Show and she loved it. Especially the fireworks! 




I have gotta say, stocking up in the dollar section at Target when they have all these glow things out is the best!! We are able to make tons of necklaces and bracelets out of on package. They also have light up wands and rings! Lyla loves it and I love the fact that it is inexpensive and she never asks for us to buy her the super expensive stuff they sell at these things. I am definitely stocking up for Disney!





Loves her Uncle David. Come back soon!





Enjoying a sweet treat.



We also had a visit from a super special family, the Harmans. They hold a special place in my heart because I had the honor of taking care of their sweet sweet girl who entered the world just a little too early. My sweet Emma, who is now running and laughing and playing with my daughter, just fills my heart with JOY! I can never express how much I love this girl and her family. She is such a delight and I so treasure being able to be a part of her growing up years! We met up with the Harman family, which now includes another spunky girl who is too cute for words, as well as our friend Kellie, who also took care of Emma, and her two sweet girls. Oh.My.Goodness. I wish we had had hours for the big girls to play. They LOVED eachother and were so sad to leave. They had so much fun running around outside. Thanks for making the time to see us during your visit to Atlanta!


We love you guys and are so thankful to not only be a part of your story but to be your friends as well!


Anybody who knows us knows our deep love for Chick-fil-A. And we love the fact that Aunt Allison just happens to work for corporate. It is SUCH a special treat to go visit her at the office and have lunch. We love spending time with her and seeing her in her workplace. She is so loved and valued. We may also being going for the ice cream....


We always love looking around while we are there. So much to see and do. It is such a neat place to visit. If you have never had the opportunity to visit CFA corporate, let me know! You need to visit! Mr Cathy loves having guests. You can even go and walk around his office! He keeps part of his car collection in the main lobby, which is always a hit with Lyla.


We love our Aunt Allison!


Lyla is just entering the imagination stage! I think going to school will help this stage explode! We love having tea parties...especially on those rainy days. It is so fun to see her mind grow and change each day.


Of course we are still using our pool. Lunch and snack time is a must by the pool, even when it is too cold to get in. You can see here, ballet attire was required this day. This girl LOVES her some dress up. Not sure why I even buy her regular clothes. She would love to only live in dress-up clothes every day.



As soon as she gets up in the morning, she wants to get dressed in some sort of dress up outfit. We definitely have a girly-girl, for sure!


She is too cute!


And last but not least, we started getting pumped up about our first visit to DISNEY WORLD!! I am not sure who was more excited. I am not sure Lyla knew exactly what to expect, but she was PUMPED!! I just knew it would be a magical time and it was for SURE.












No comments:

Post a Comment