Sunday, September 7, 2014

November 2013 in Review (including Thanksgiving!)

Between Lyla's birthday and Thanksgiving, there is not time for much else in November. We spend a lot of time with family starting around Lyla's birthday and going through New Year's Eve. 

We did get the chance to get away for a quick trip to Hilton Head with my mom. Can I just say again how great it is to have parents who own a place at the beach? It is so nice to randomly get away when our schedules allow. I love having this time with my parents and I love that Lyla will always have these memories. 


I literally only took these six pictures on my phone the whole time we were there.


It was starting to get cold. But it really doesn't matter the weather at the beach.
 Life is always great at the beach!


The cold did not stop Lyla and a bike ride. 
She also loved going and playing at the beach.



She thought it was great to be able to park her bike in the 
storage shed with Mimi and Gramps' bikes.


When we got back, Lyla and I decided it was time to decorate for Christmas.
In my book, it is NEVER too early to put the Christmas decorations up. But this year there is one less week in between Thanksgiving and Christmas, so I knew the decorations needed to get up so we could enjoy them. Plus, there were only so many days I actually felt good or had the energy to do anything with my morning (all day) sickness. 


She loved decorating the tree for her room. I let her do it all by herself. She has already started her own Christmas ornament collection and I love that she has her own tree to put them on.


She took decorating her tree very seriously!


She wanted to find each ornament the perfect spot.


So proud!



We also got to have a play date with Lyla's new friend from school, Kate. These two girls are two peas in a pod. They met their first day and have been glued to the hip ever since. They are so sweet together and we have had fun getting to know her and her mom. 


One always eagerly awaits the other when they get to school. They cannot WAIT to see each other. When I ask Lyla who she played with at school that day, her answer is always Kate!



Ms Cathy says that they are definitely the dominate girls in the classroom. So we talk a lot about what good leadership looks like for her and how she still needs to obey.


We also did a lot of this. Morning sickness...all.day.sickness was no joke again this time around. Lucky for me I have a great snuggle buddy who loved to lay with me and watch movies. 


She is so sweet to ask if I need to lay down and take a nap.


We love spending time with family and it is especially great when everyone can be together. We are still trying to figure out how to make the holidays work with all our family now that there are several sides of the family to think about.
This year was our year to go to Adam's parent's house for Thanksgiving. So we did Thanksgiving early with my family.
Allison and Dan were with us and then they headed to Dan's parent's house in St. Louis.


Lyla loves spending time with "Unc" Dan.
She thinks he is so silly. I love seeing their relationship grow. 
He is so great with her and they have such a special relationship. She loves going and spending the night at their house. And we love having them close by! I am so glad she will know her Uncle Dan and Aunt Allison so well.


Seriously. They love her like she is their own.


Haha. These pictures just make me laugh. I cannot say enough how grateful I am for them and how they love my child so well. We are truly blessed. 



The cooks in the kitchen...and Millie waiting for something to be dropped.


The men in serious discussion. Something theological I am sure. 
And of course over a glass (or two) of wine.


....And Millie still waiting.


Dan digging in!


Lyla thinks it's yummy too. She is really just eating to get dessert though. 
She is a sweets and treats girl for sure!



This girls makes all kinds of silly faces. Always keeps us laughing!



Of course I never take enough pictures at these family gatherings. But oh well.
My heart is so full of all the blessings we have. We have more than we need. Our child is healthy and we have another healthy one on the way. I have the best husband and marriage. I have an awesome job that allows me to be flexible and be home with Lyla. And our extended family is amazing.

We had a quick visit from Jonathan, Kara, and Dalton the week of Thanksgiving. They made the long car trip from South Florida to North Carolina for Thanksgiving at my in-law's house. They stopped in Valdosta to see her family and then spent the night with us and were able to see some of their Atlanta friends. It was so fun to have them at our house. It was their first time getting to see our new house. Lyla thought it was the best getting to have Dalton at her house.


Of course cousins have to take a bath together!



Helping get Dalton clean!



Two goofballs!





She loved getting to play with him. We were sad the visit was so short, but we were right behind them traveling to my in-law's.


We left Wednesday night after Adam got off of work and headed to his parent's house to celebrate Thanksgiving.


Lyla and Dalton had more fun playing together. 
I am sure Lyla thought she was the boss. Learning to share is hard, especially when they are all new toys to them!



Pictures with Honey.


Honey and Pawpaw with their two grandkids. Two more will be added next year!




Sweet cousins. I had curled my hair, so of course Lyla wanted hers curled too.
 I love having a girly girl!


Giving hugs....that looks like choking...haha.


And kisses.



Our little family. I am so blessed by them. They fill my heart and I am so lucky to call them mine!



Jonathan, Dalton and Kara. I think Dalton was over the picture taking at this point. 
That boy had places to go and things to see!


Beautiful table and yummy food!



Ready to eat!


I am so glad we were able to get away and get to Donna and Steve's for Thanksgiving. It is nice to relax and be with them!

We finished out November by celebrating a childhood friend's wedding. It was so great to see Sarah get married and I was able to catch up with Jessica as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment