Friday, September 5, 2014

Three Years Old!

I cannot believe I have a three year old!
It seems like just yesterday you were born, yet I cannot imagine life without you. 


You are my little buddy.
You make life SO fun and you fill my heart with such joy.


I look at you and my heart could explode. 
Seriously, never thought I could love someone as much as I love you.


You are so LOVED, Lyla Gray. 
You are a child of the King and He has given you His greatest gift, His Son.


I am so thankful He chose your daddy and I to be your parents. 
You are the greatest gift we have ever received.


You like to tell us you are not a baby, but a "BIIIIG dirl".
Sweet girl, you will always be our baby. 
And when you have babies of your own, you will understand why.


You love all things princess. 
You could talk about Disney all day. 
You love to dress up.
I am not sure why I buy you other clothes because you can be found in a 
different dress up dress literally every day.
Usually it's Cinderella.
Remember who is the true King. 


You are just starting to pretend. 
I love watching you imagine.
You have so many questions, it keeps me on my toes.
I pray you will always be curious and always seek Truth.


You LOVE going to school.
You love making friends and have never met a stranger.
You are learning to share, which is a hard lesson for all of us!
But you are such a giver.
Remember how important it is to treat others the way you want to be treated.


You still sleep with your monkey blanket and call her "muddy buddy". 
And yes, it is a her ;)
You also sleep with about 20 other baby dolls and stuffed animals.
You say "oh hey" for "ok" 
"yittle" for "little"
"sardee" for "sorry"


You love ballet and watching the big girls dance.
You cannot wait to take ballet yourself.
Next year you will be old enough.


Cinderella is your favorite princess.
Blue is your favorite color.


You love playing in your playroom.
And you are great at self entertaining.
But you still grab my hand and want me to play with you too.


You love to color.
You love arts and crafts. 
Your teachers say you sit and really focus while doing your art projects.


Your teachers also say that you are a natural leader in your class.
This is a great gift that we want you to take very seriously.
You will influence people. They will learn from your example. Other kids are watching you.
Especially your new baby brother or sister.
Use this special gift wisely. Remember how Jesus calls us to act.


I love your laugh. Daddy can get you laughing like crazy.
Your laugh makes me and everyone around you laugh. 
It is contagious.
You are also so ticklish. Even though you like to tell us that you aren't. 
You wait for us to tickle you and squeal with delight.
Your laugh is so precious.
Remember to always find joy.


You are so easy going.
You also like things a certain way.
We must rub your back and hold your hand when we put you to bed.
You must put chapstick on before you go to bed.
You require countless kiss before you go to sleep. Kisses on the lips, forehead, nose, butterfly, eskimo...
I will never turn down a Lyla kiss.


You love to eat. 
You are starting to try new things.
You love for us to eat dinner together as a family.
You love breakfast in bed with me.


You are a snuggler.
You are also very independent.


You love being outside. 
You could be outside all day everyday.
You love going to the playground. 


You love learning new things.
You also want to do those new things perfectly the first time you try them.


You LOVE going to church.
You LOVE to sing.
You always have a song in your heart and a dance move on your feet.


You love animals.
Especially Millie and Marley. 
You love Ellie....sometimes. Haha
You love helping me in the kitchen. 
You love to cook. 
You love to help me clean.
Always remember to have a servant's heart.


You are such a girly girl.
BUT, you LOVE working out in the garage with your daddy.
He is so patient with you.
He teaches you things so that you will know how to do things better than the boys!


You are an amazing girl, Lyla Gray. I love every little thing about you. You are such a light and you are going to do great things. You are such a blessing in our family. You make our hearts so happy and we will always love you, no matter what. There will never be anything you can do to lose our love. You can always count on us. We will ALWAYS be for you. Remember that God loves you even more than we do. That means He loves you A LOT. More than you can even imagine. You are not only beautiful on the outside, but also on the inside. And the inside is what counts. I cannot wait to see how you grow and change in your fourth year of life. I am sure it will be full of laughter, kisses and hugs, and princesses!! Happy 3rd Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment