Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Beach Trip with Mimi

In the middle of July, Lyla and I had a few days to take a short vacation to Hilton Head. Just my mom was there, so we enjoyed a little bit of girl time at the condo with her. There are few things I love more than relaxing, on the beach, with a sweet toddler. It was such a great few days, it was hard to leave. We missed Adam, but man, being at the beach with little responsibility, watching you sweet girl run around and enjoy the waves is pretty priceless. 

It was such a drastic change from a few months back when Lyla really wanted nothing to do with the ocean or sand. This trip was so much fun and we could not get her out of the water! We also found some other fun things to do. They have a puppet lady that comes to Coligny Plaza to do fun things with the kids. Lyla loved this, and even wanted to get involved participating in the puppet shows with the big kids. We hit up the outlets, but let's just go ahead and admit, this is not very fun with a one and a half year old. We rented bikes and Lyla loved riding around the island on the back of my bike. We visited the splash pad and went on walks with the wagon. My mom and I enjoyed cooking meals and relaxing on the couch watching mindless tv, working on photo books, and staying up way too late. And we spent lots of time at the pool and on the beach.

She loved running back and forth to the water, feeling the waves rush over her tiny little feet and building in the sand. I must say she actually preferred the beach this time to the pool. Lyla loved watching Millie (my parent's dog) chase her toy into the water and bring it back a million times. 


Just want to eat her up.
Running to the water.


Ready for the next wave.


Love that tummy and her outie bellybutton. 
So much fun!

Love this!!



Watching Millie.
"Oh hey Millie. You love the water as much as I do!"
"Let me throw the toy, Mimi"


Evening stroll.
Digging in the sand.
Splash pad is always a favorite.

No doubt she will always make friends.
Sweet pictures our last morning.
My big girl.

Love her.

Walking to the sand.
"Come on mom!"
Pretty flower.
Sandy toes.

Last look at the ocean.


My little model.

At the puppet show.
"Elmo can come home with me."


No comments:

Post a Comment