Monday, January 7, 2013

What Little Girls are Made Of

On Friday (1/4/13), my mom, my sister Sarah and I went to get our nails done, and we took my sweet girl along with us. I absolutely love having a little girl and getting to do all the fun "girly" things with her. I love her just the way she is, but I must admit I am just a little bit glad that she enjoys the girly things in life. I mean I hope one day she might find an interest in sports (I never had the coordination...) but even if she does not, I know that we will be able to share in these moments as girls. These small things will connect us and give us sweet moments together as mother and daughter.

Lyla is revealing to us even more her girly side (as if she could be even more girly). The last few days we have gotten out and about, she must bring a purse with her. Yes, it has been different each time and yes, she fills it with her treasures and what is important for her to have with her. This just makes me smile. I am so thankful to have a daughter. 

Here are some pictures from Friday. I do not think she really understood where we were going until we got there. Once there, I showed her the wall of nail polish and told her that she got to pick out any color she wanted. Have I ever mentioned that Lyla is not like her momma at all, and can make immediate decisions? I am so glad that she does not have to live with not being able to make decisions the way I am. I have a VERY had time making decisions and then even after actually making a decision, going over and over again whether I made the right decision. This is not just limited to big decisions, it has to do with little ones as well. Example, buying bread. Yes, this is an awful way to live. I leave tags on things for weeks, just in case I decide to take it back (lamps, baskets, other decor), that is if I even decide to bring them home from the store. I must go to every store, to make sure I am making the right purchase before actually buying. Again, I am glad Lyla did not get this trait. Instead, she is very much like Adam, can make a quick decision and is confident in her decision. Does not ever have to re-think her decision.

Anyways, she picked her color out right away, a bright pink with sparkles in it. So cute! And so Lyla! Then of course she wanted to pick out colors for everyone else. Too cute. We went to sit down and at first she sat in my lap. We rolled up her jeans and she had so much fun putting her feet in the water. She watched everything the lady was doing and everything they did to my toes, she wanted done to hers as well. No fear. She sat so still the whole time. I had no doubt that she would. Then, another lady came to paint her nails, so they put her in the chair next to me to have her fingernails and toenails painted. She was bummed that they did not fill up her sink with water and kept asking for "otter" (water). I had to explain to her that we already put our feet in the water and it was time to get them painted. She watched the lady paint her nails. She does not look happy in any of these pictures, but I think she was just taking things so seriously. It was such a fun experience and I look forward to taking her again.

Feeling the water.
Too hot.
Ready!
This is her new "shy" smile. Makes me laugh.

Getting her fingernails painted, sitting in her own chair.








Letting them dry.
Time for the toes!
Watching them dry.
Pink nails.
"Look, momma"

Might have had to distract her with the iphone while her nails dried.
Waiting for their nails to dry.

Toes.
One of the guys gave her a little treat when she was done.
Um, when did she get so big?!
Pretty nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment