Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Sweet Prayers

Right before Lyla turned two, we started being more conscience of praying with her before meals and at bedtime. I have always prayed with her before bed, but I was feeling like she was getting old enough to participate, at least by closing her eyes and folding her hands. It has to be the cutest thing ever...watching your child fold their little hands and squeeze their eyes tightly shut to talk to their Maker. 

She wants to be just like her momma and daddy and I so badly want to be such a good example to her of Christ's love for her. 

At bedtime, after we pray, she loves to do the little rhyme, "Here is the Church"(here is the church, here is the steeple, open the doors and see all the people, close the doors, here them pray, open the doors and they all walk away), and the hand motions that go along with it. She wants her little hands to do it, then she wants momma's hands to do it and then she wants me to help her do it one last time before turning off the lights. She prays for each family member and all of her friends. I pray for her little heart to know the Lord. These days, I am finding myself more and more through out the day praying, pleading with the Lord to draw her little heart to Him. She is old enough now to understand things and communicate with us and I want her to know who created her, who she was created for and what she was created for. I want that more than anything else for her. To come to know and love Jesus as her Lord and Savior and to live her life for Him. I want her to be filled with JOY and to LOVE other people....better than I do. 

She absolutely loves going to church. She talks about church every single day and always wants to go there. Anytime we pass church or pull into the parking lot, she screams "church!!" with such excitement. I so desire for this passion to continue as she grows and the world becomes more apparent to her. I want her childlike faith to be so strong and her to be so convicted of her beliefs that she would draw others to know HIM. I am learning so much from her.

Thank you Lord for my amazing treasure!

Hands folded.
Eyes tightly shut.
Praying to Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment