Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Daddy's Little Buddy

It is no secret that Lyla is my little buddy. I mean I am with her almost 24/7 and we just get along so well. It is very easy for us to be together. More so than not, when asked who she wants to be with, put her to bed, etc, the answer is "momma". Sometimes it makes me sad for Adam. I know she is not doing it intentionally to hurt his feelings, but if the answer was reversed, I know my feelings would be so hurt. 

As she is getting bigger, Lyla is finding more and more things that are fun to do with Daddy. I mean after all he is the fun one :) One thing she has found that is fun to do with Daddy is be silly, wild and roll around on the floor with him. They call it their daily exercises and and it typically takes place between dinner and bedtime. Get her crazy-hyped up before bed-time, right? I mean after all that is the daddy's job. I love listening to her laugh and scream as he chases her around and she runs to hide, all the while making sure he is right behind her. He typically gives her her bath and most nights puts her to bed, although we do still try to switch off to get that special snuggle time.

Another thing she has found is more fun with daddy is being outside with him. She loves to watch and help him clean the pool and rake leaves. She also loves to help him out in his favorite place, the GARAGE! Adam is SUPER handy. I mean he can do anything, make anything and fix anything. My sisters were actually just teasing me the other day as we were out furniture shopping saying that I did not need to buy anything since Adam could make me anything I wanted. I mean so far he has made me a HUGE coffee table, a sofa table, and a side table for the family room since moving into our new house. All that in-between painting and the usual honey-do list. He of course has a long list of other pieces to build. I really am so super blessed by his gifts and talents. I love that he is so handy and that he loves doing it! In saying all that, Lyla loves supervising and helping when she can. I am hoping she can pick up some handy skills, cause goodness knows she won't learn that kind of stuff from me! And what kind of guy wouldn't love a handy wife in the future?!

Here are some pictures on one occasion where Lyla is out with Adam. Yes, she is still in her pj's. It was Saturday. Don't judge. Adam was sanding and cutting wood, so my only rules, if Lyla is outside with him, are that she wear protective eye wear, in this case cool green sunglasses and cover her ears as the machines are going. Adam taught her how to put her fingers in her ears when he tells her to. Notice also that she is standing a safe distance back :) I thought the whole situation was too incredibly cute!! I love that she is finding her "daddy" hobbies and that they can enjoy some quality daddy/daughter time. Still to this day, she does not pronounce the second and third "d" in daddy, so it still sounds like 
"da-ee". I love it. All day long she either is asking to go see da-ee or when will da-ee be home? I am so thankful for their relationship with each other. 

Covering her ears.

Clapping for Daddy.
"High five, dad! Good work!"
"Let me help brush you off"
Loves her dad.

Supervising up close.
Sanding away.
Offering great moral support.

No comments:

Post a Comment