Thursday, January 10, 2013

Should We Really Only Be Thankful for One Day?

We stayed home for Thanksgiving this year which was nice. If I do not say it enough, we are L.O.V.I.N.G our new home. I mean, there could not be a better home out there for us. Sometimes I will just look around and think "WOW! This cannot really be my house?!" I hope that feeling will never fade, for it makes me smile and thank the Lord for the sweet blessing of how we came to have this home. There were lots of tears, anger, patience, sadness, hopelessness, more patience, comparison to others, laughter, doubt and more patience. But I am reminded each time I look around that God's timing is WAY better than mine, otherwise we would not have THIS house. I pray that this home will always remind me of just that, God's timing is better than mine! It is just one of the MANY things I am thankful for this year (2012). 

So we stayed home and went over to my parent's house for Thanksgiving. Yes, I have a house, yes I have an amazing kitchen table that can seat ten that my wonderful father-in-law made (another thing I am thankful for...my father-in-law and his amazing talents), and yes I have a kitchen in which to cook a Thanksgiving meal in, but alas I am not ready for that kind of commitment. My mom and my mother-in-law (two more things I am thankful for, two wonderful mothers!!) both do AMAZING Thanksgiving meals, and I am just too selfish to give that up yet. Maybe one day.

Allison and Dan came, Sarah was home and Nana came as well.

It was just a relaxing day. We got up here at home and had a leisurely morning getting ready. We headed over to my parent's house mid morning, in time to catch some of the Parade and some breakfast casserole, and surprisingly (except not) Lyla loved watching it and all the "allooooons"!!! (balloons).

We were able to just hang out and enjoy being together. Another thing I am thankful for, being not only physically close to family, but also relationally close to family. I wish the rest of our family lived here as well....maybe one day!

I am so thankful for my own family the Lord has given me. I have such an amazing husband, who works so hard that I am able to stay home with Lyla. He is the best daddy to Lyla. He loves me unconditionally and more than I ever deserve. He is such a servant and always put me first...even when I do not do a good job serving him. I have the sweetest daughter who I could not possibly love more. She is my heart and I am loving every moment of watching her grow up. I am so thankful for her health and her life. Her heart is so full of joy and love. Laughter fills our house because of her. I pray for her little heart that she would continue to grow to love Christ.

Have the most amazing sisters, whom I am so thankful for. What in the world would I do without the two of them? They have been there for me both in happy times, sad times, and hard times. They truly are my best friends. They kinda make me want to give Lyla a brother or sister someday so that she can experience that same amazing bond. Someday. Maybe.

And my dad. I couldn't ever forget to be thankful for him. What an amazing man God chose to be my dad. He leads well, teaches well, listens well, serves well, and loves well.

Sometimes I think about where I would be without all these people and things. Would I still be thankful? Would I still love God? Would I still trust Him with my world? I want to believe I would. When trying times happen or bad things happen or when I compare myself to what others are doing or have....That is why I cannot be thankful only for one day. If I was, I would so quickly forget everything I do have. I have so much more than I ever deserve. Because you see, if you knew my heart you would know I really deserve nothing. So I am thankful for GRACE. Thankful that God sent His Son to die for me. Even if I was the only one here on earth, He still would have come. Thank you Lord for so graciously giving me so much to be thankful for. Help me never to forget it. I so desire to live with open hands. 

A favorite these days, her babies.
Bow...off....
Carrying baby in her baby bjorn.
Showing Nana and Aunt Allison
With the love of my life.
Snuggling with momma and daddy.
So thankful for the family God gave me.
My two favorites.
Jump, jump, jump. Those little legs rarely stay still.

Our family.
Loves her Aunt "Da" (Sarah)
"DAAAAAA!!"
"Don't leave me!"
Kiss those baby cheeks.
Uncle Dan and his baby, Marley
The girls.
Lyla and Aunt Allison.
The table
Lyla and Uncle Dan

"Let me check out your teeth Allison"
Baby kisses
Dan and Allison
Sisters
Mimi, Momma and Lyla...it is bedtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment