Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Family Trip to the Zoo

So we don't have as many opportunities to spend the day together as just a family of three as I would like. So you better believe I was over the moon when Adam suggested that the weekend after Lyla's birthday (and all the family had left) we enjoy Saturday at the Zoo together. Going to the Zoo is not his first choice, but let's all just admit it is one of Lyla's favorite.

It ended up being rather cold, which we did not do a very good job of preparing for, but our time together was SO incredibly fun. We packed our lunch and headed down to the zoo. The first time Adam went to the zoo with us after we got our membership, yes this was only the second time he has enjoyed our wonderful membership, it had rained ALL week and not a single animal was out. He might have questioned more than once why we loved coming to the zoo as much as we did...

But this time, all of the animals were out and about and he was able to catch a glimpse of why the zoo is so wonderful! Of course the real reason we go to the zoo is really to ride the carousel and the train, I mean come on! Lyla enjoyed the day having both mommy and daddy's undivided attention and I definitely enjoyed having my family together, relaxing and enjoying the day. 

Daddy and Lyla.
Flamingos! 

Watching the elephants.
Warthogs
"Mom, are you seeing this?"


Silly Lyla and Daddy!
Holding hands.
Momma and Lyla.

Randomly, Lyla wanted to stop in the middle of the zoo and do "Ring-around-the-rosey"
Too cute, and of course I had to oblige. 


Love those little hands.


My sweet girl.
I had wanted to see if I could get some cute Christmas pictures, but it was too cold, too sunny and the choo-choo was calling her name.
Daddy and his girl.

Having fun on the Carousel. The Tiger is currently her favorite.

Waiting for the train.
All Aboard!
Yes, we have a nose picker (she eats it too...and nothing I do makes her stop!!) So gross!


So thankful for our moments together as a family. I know Lyla is growing up so incredibly fast and I want her to have amazing memories of sweet times with her parents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment