Thursday, January 8, 2015

April Showers

Kelly, Nicole and Lindsey threw me and baby (yes, we still have YET to commit to a name!!) a sprinkle shower Sunday April 13th after we got home from the beach. It was the sweetest most cute shower ever!! I feel SO incredibly blessed to have such amazing friends and family who not only love me, but love my kids as well.



I still cannot believe I am going to be a boy mom!!


He may not have a name quite yet, but we do know that his room is sports themed. Hopefully he gets his daddy's coordination!


Every detail was PERFECT. It was beyond cute and I loved every single thought they put in to the shower.




The flowers were BEAUTIFUL!!! Nicole's mom did all the arrangements as well as a corsage for both Lyla and I. Lyla felt so special at the shower as the big sister. The girls were so sweet to her and I loved how special she felt. She loved wearing her flowers and getting to help open presents. I am not sure how I opened presents before her ;)







She loved checking out all the new baby things for baby brother.



Kelly was so sweet to get Lyla a big sister gift. She gave her a "I am Having a Baby Brother" book and a boy baby doll to practice with. She loves reading the baby brother book. Her favorite part is the "no pulling hair" part. She wants to make sure she tells him that he canNOT pull her hair. Ha! She loves carrying her boy baby around.





Lot of fun BOY things!


This quilt if from my grandmother, Nana. The quilt was used by her kids.




Matching outfits for the beach from Mimi.






We need lots of boy clothes....we were lacking in that department before the shower.



Wonder who gave her this shirt?!



A sweet construction book (which all the boy moms had heard of and read a million times to their own boys) and our first construction trucks from Cooper (and Halle, Lyndsay and Jeff). But mostly from Cooper since he knows we have NO boy toys! Thanks bud!!




I am so thankful to each sweet friend who came to love on both this sweet baby and me. I am overwhelmed by the blessing of friendship and feel like the Lord has truly be gracious in this department at this stage of my life. I love each one of you and am SO incredibly thankful for you and what you speak into my life.

Sabrina and I.


Allison, Nana and my mom.


Carrie and I. (Carrie and I have known each other since 5th grade!! 5th grade. I mean that is a big deal.) Our relationship has been through it all, but I am so thankful for her and the special place she has in my life. I am so glad that we are able to remain friends and that we get to experience "grown-up things" together.


Joanna and I. She is expecting as well in August. I am so excited for all the new additions to our group this year!


Banks and I.


The sweet hosts, who mean more to me than they will ever know. I am truly so grateful to them!
Lindsey, me, Kelly (who is expecting TWIN girls the end of July!! My sweet boy will have lots of girlfriends to choose from ;) ) and Nicole. Nicole and Lindsey will be my go to moms of boys since I know nothing about them. They are SUCH amazing boy moms!


Stacy and I.


Playing our game.




Thank you does not say enough to Lindsey, Nicole and Kelly for hosting this sweet shower. I felt so loved and know that this baby is already so loved and prayed for. Thank you especially to Kelly for opening up her home for this event....about 8 weeks behind me, with twins, I know that could not have been easy. So thank you from the bottom of my heart. I love you girls like sisters and am so thankful for our relationships and the impact you have on not only my life but my kids lives as well. So thankful to be able to celebrate this new sweet life!

No comments:

Post a Comment