Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Meeting Big Sister

We knew with out a doubt that we wanted Lyla to be the first one to meet Logan after he was born. I was really hoping to deliver at a time when she would be able to come to the hospital right away. Obviously if I had delivered in the middle of the night, we would have waited to have her meet him the next morning (but that also meant we would have no one else come until she had gotten to spend some time with him). 

Lyla was with my parents and she was so excited to get to stay up late in hopes of meeting her brother that night. She kept asking when he would get here and I think she even asked my mom at one point if he would be here soon because she was tired of waiting (I think she was also just plain tired). She had been up early that morning with me, since 6:30am, and who knows if she actually took a nap or not. Logan was born close to 8:30pm, which is past her bedtime, but I told Adam to call my parents to bring her up to the hospital because I was just too excited for her to wait any longer. I knew it would be a late night, but SO totally worth it!

They got to the hospital a little before 9pm and I think Adam's parents had made it to the hospital as well at that point. Adam went out to the waiting room to bring Lyla back to our room by herself. 

I cannot really express in words how excited Lyla was to meet her new baby brother. She has been ready for this moment for a LOOOOOONG time. She had been praying for a baby long before we were even pregnant!

She was in AWE when she walked in the room and saw him for the first time. She was in LOVE immediately!!

When Adam brought Lyla in, Logan was just finishing up nursing. Which by the way, he did amazing with the very first time! I have been so blessed to have both of my babies latch right on after delivery without any hesitation. I am so thankful that I have never had any issues and that my babies take right to the whole nursing thing! Lyla loved watching him eat. She never did have any thought or question about him eating. It was always just very natural for her that that is the way he eats. She loved helping me burp him when he was all finished.



She fell right into her new role of big sister! Helping burp Logan!



It really is amazing seeing your first baby after meeting your newest baby. She just looked so grown up and not like my little baby anymore (even though she will ALWAYS be my baby) it is just so neat to see her in her new role as big sister. It is a role she was born to do and I know she is going to do it so well!



She could NOT keep her hands off of him and she could NOT give him enough kisses!! It was SO incredibly sweet watching my first baby with my second baby.


I truly cannot express the emotion of watching the two of them together. She is SO in love. She has waited for this exact moment for so long, so patiently. And now her little brother was finally here!!


Trying to get a good look at him!


She cannot get enough of him! It was like she wanted to memorize everything about him in that moment. He is exactly what she had dreamed of and yet so new and exciting!


Ugh. I am just SO in love with both of them!!! There are no words. I am so thankful for how much your heart grows because I know how much I love Lyla. And now to love both of them that much! Seriously, they both have my heart and I could not be more in love with my two little loves. My prayer has always been for Lyla that not only would I love her unconditionally but also that I would love her the way that she needs to be loved. I know everyone has different love languages and I pray that I am always able to speak to her love languages. Now I have the same prayer for Logan. That I would love him unconditionally the way he needs to be loved. That will probably look differently sometimes than the way I love Lyla and that is ok. There might be a learning curve for me for a while, but I hope that my children never go a day feeling unloved. Because I love them SOOOOO much it actually makes my heart hurt. And I want to learn to love them well. 


She seemed a little overwhelmed at first walking in to the room, I think just seeing me in the hospital bed, being in the hospital and finally seeing him...not in my tummy any more. It has always taken Lyla a few seconds to warm up in a new surroundings and this was no different. But once she felt comfortable, she was all about it!


Recognizes big sisters touch and voice. He has heard her A LOT over the last few months and now he gets to meet her!


I mean literally could not take her eyes off of him.


Getting to hold him for the first time....and there has been lots of holding since.


I know without a doubt she is going to be the BEST big sister. She is so caring, so loving, and SO over the moon for him. She will do anything for him with out thinking twice.


Haha, I think its funny he is sticking his tongue out!


My sweet babies!


She loves stroking his face and giving him lots of kisses.


As soon as I saw him for the first time I thought he looked just like Lyla. I will do some comparison pictures in a later post. But I think he looks just like her!



Oh my goodness, I cannot believe we have two!!


After Lyla had had a chance to visit, the newborn nursery team came in to get him all checked out, give him his meds and give him his bath. While he got checked out, Lyla got to open her big sister present from her little brother. He had actually gotten his hands on the BEST surprise ever!! Which automatically made him the best brother EVER!! He had gotten her an ELSA dress (which we all know how hard anything Frozen is to come by), crown and light up shoes!! To say that her night was officially topped off with the cherry would be a complete understatement. She immediately changed in to her Elsa dress and did not take that thing off for WEEKS. Seriously. There was glitter all over the delivery room, the delivery bed, Logan, the nurses, and our postpartum room literally looked like a glitter bomb had gone off. I am sure that there is still glitter in that room! Every single person that came in our room to check on us, from the nurses, to the doctors, to the ped, to the food service, to lactation, to environmental services (oh poor environmental services!!) made a comment about the glitter explosion. Poor Logan had no clue that he has a princess for a big sister! Ha!!



Eye ointment.


Sounds good!



That boy came out with a head FULL of hair!!


Checking those sutures.


Looks good!


Officially a family of FOUR!


So yup, I had all these cute big sister outfits for her to wear the whole time we would be in the hospital for pictures....nope....not one single one was worn. We were graced with Queen Elsa's presence the entire time.



I cannot complain though. I love that she loved her gift and she was on top of the world. She had both her baby brother and Elsa's dress. What more could a little three year old want??


I am so happy with our time as a family of four. It could not have gone better and the timing could not have been more perfect. I love that she is so in love with him. I love that she is so aware of him and so in-tune to him and his needs. Nothing is going to get by this big sister!!

**Side note just for me to remember if there is a next time. I would love to have a professional in the delivery room not only taking pictures of the delivery experience (so that Adam does not have to worry about it) but also for when the bigger siblings meet the new baby for the first time. I debated and debated and actually had some one on stand by, like she was ready to come, but at the last second since it was so late and I just wanted Lyla to meet him, I did not have her come. I wish I had. Not that it took away from the experience in any way not having her come but it would have freed up Adam to actually be in the pictures instead of behind the camera. So next time FOR SURE we will be having someone in there with us!!**





No comments:

Post a Comment