Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Spring Break 2014 - Hilton Head

Lyla, Sarah and I headed to the beach on Thursday April 3rd. Everyone was planning on being at the beach for the weekend which was great!! Adam drove with Allison and Dan on Friday and my parents were already there.


We enjoyed a lazy, laidback weekend at the beach and it was so fun having everyone there. Can I just say I love our time together??


We went out to dinner at Hudson's one of the nights with everyone...and I think this was the only time we pulled out the camera to take a few pictures. Oops. Having too much fun to remember! 



Dan and Allison.


Aunt Sarah and Lyla.


I love the two of them together. Their relationship is SO super special. We are so sad that Sarah lives so far away, but it makes us treasure our time with her that much more. And I am SUPER excited because once Adam goes back to work after the baby comes, Sarah is coming for a whole WEEK!!




Sisters.



Love them.


Selfie.



Oh my goodness, melt my heart, I love these two.


Everyone.


Last beach trip as a family of THREE!!





She is beyond excited to meet her baby brother. She loves being a big sister and takes her job very seriously. She loves giving him kisses, talking to him, singing to him, asking questions about him and reading with him.




Cannot believe we are so close to meeting this sweet baby!


Around 31 weeks here.



My sweet parents.


Uncle Dan and Aunt Allison.


The girls.



Everyone had to leave the beach after the weekend, but I stayed with my parents and Lyla and we enjoyed the week!

Love sandy little bottoms....


Millie found a friend.



She was one busy girl at the beach. She could have stayed out from sun up to sun down, and honestly how the weather was this trip, I could have too!! It was perfect. Not too hot, not too cool. Breezy, where this pregnant momma did not sweat one bit. 


She was back and forth from our spot on the sand down to the water the whole week.



Her favorites this trip were digging holes in the sand and building sand castles. And by building sand castles, I mean, she wanted you to build the sand castle while she supervised!







She had Gramps bury her in the sand and she thought it was hilarious.









Our sand castle creation.



Quite proud!

Another sunny, breezy, perfect day at the beach!





We did lots of walking, sitting, snacking, ice cream eating, staying up late, swimming, sunning, and ice crunching. Yes, have I mentioned my ONE craving this pregnancy??!! ICE. Not just any ice....little pellet ice from Zaxby's. And no, there is NO Zaxby's on the island. Which means I am crunching big old ice cubes. My poor teeth and my more parents. They were more than gracious to sit and listen to me crunch that big ole' ice every.single.night. When I am home, I drive through the driv-thru at Zaxby's just to buy an 8lb bag of ice. Yes, they sell their ice. It is $2.13 (as much as a large drink there costs). I need that ice so badly, that I have to have it at home to eat as often and as much as I want. Otherwise I would be driving through Zaxby's multiple times a day.The whole bag used to last me a week. Now I go every 4-5 days to get a new stash. I cannot imagine how much I will be eating by the time he comes....at least it is good hydration, right?! 




We went and played a round of putt-putt golf with Ms Jaime and her boys and had the best time! We went out for Mexican afterwards. Lyla will be doing a week of Princess Ballet Camp with Ms Jaime in July. She is super excited!!






Getting instructions from Gramps.






Getting the hang of it.


She wanted to do it all by herself.





She loved playing putt-putt and really got in to it!




She loved hanging out with the big boys.



Gramps and Lyla.




Argggh! It's a Pirate's Life for Us!


I love taking pictures of Lyla on the beach. I will have to do a post with a progression of all her beach pictures. They are all taken in the same spot where we walk on to the beach since she was 6 months old. I love that she will grow up here. I love that this will be such a happy place for her to visit. I love that she will never remember NOT going here.



We are so thankful that my parent's have a place here and that they love to have us any time we want to come.


This will always be a place of happy memories. Peaceful times. Sunny days. Warm water (although we go when it is cold and it is just as fun!!). Good food. Full of laughter. And LOTS of sandy bottoms. 



I am excited for her to be a big sister here. For her to show her brother how to dig a hole and build a sand castle.



For them to squeal with delight when we cross over the causeway because it means we have made it to the beach. 


For them to look at the grains of sand and the ocean that goes on farther than their little eyes can see and marvel at the creation God made just for them!! To know how much HE loves them. 


For them to have amazing time with family and for them to know how truly loved they are.




To feel the waves on their tiny toes and for just a moment I can feel like time just might stand still. To breathe in their happy laughter as they run back to our spot on the sand.



For them to feel free to be who HE created them to be.



To dance with the waves as their music....cause we all know Lyla doesn't need a single note to break it down!!



Our last day on the beach...next time we will be here with baby brother!!





Making a sand angel.


Loves to walk Millie to the beach.


We drove back with my parents....which was quite interesting since I had to sit in the back with Lyla (in her carseat...and those Britax are no joke) and Millie, who decided I would make a nice headrest....yes I was in the middle at almost 32 weeks pregnant....haha!


I love beach life. I am always so sad to leave. It is just so relaxing and carefree and beach time is just GREAT! Can't wait until next time Hilton Head!

No comments:

Post a Comment